To Err is human . . .
The owners of Virgin Falls believe in providing players a ripe ground for any story they wish to tell. We feel strongly that intervention by Admins should be as limited as possible. To that end, we have attempted to develop a simple set of rules. We will not moderate or otherwise intervene in play unless requested and logs are provided that clearly show one of these rules was broken. We want you to have an enjoyable experience in Virgin Falls. Please do reach out to us for help when needed and we promise to try not to hinder you when we aren't.
Forget the Rules . . . Help us help you
We'll get back to the rules in a moment. First, the owners and Admins of Virgin Falls will go out of their way to facilitate your play and help you make your experience here great. Part of creating a fertile environment for your story includes things we won't do.
- We won't make you apply to be a citizen.
- Are you in Virgin Falls? Then you ARE a Virgin Falls citizen. Or a tourist. Or just some poor, wayward soul. Unlike other roleplay sims, we won't make you fill out some form to play with us. We want your story to start the Moment you arrive.
- We won't interfere in your play unless you break one of the rules below.
- We won't force our vision on your play.
- Yes, we have an idea of what we believe Virgin Falls to be and what the city could become. However, the owners feel strongly that Virgin Falls will and should become whatever the players create. Your play will dictate the future of the sim including changes to facilitate the story all of you write together.
- We won't limit your creativity.
- You will notice our rules do not dictate certain standards of combat. We do not have a list of banned weapons, subject matter, or props. We ask simply that you keep it real. We trust our players to have fun and play fairly.
- We won't involve ourselves unless asked to help.
- Most importantly, this means Admins will not be watching your play to preemptively find issues to moderate. We may watch because we are stalkers, perverts, voyeurs, or just bored. But we are not watching to find a problem to solve.
- When moderation is requested, the first question the player will be asked is if they actually want Moderator intervention in the scene. If the answer to this is no, the Admin will not become involved nor take in a complaint. We do not take reports of roleplay issues "just for the record."
- If you need our help, Please Do Ask. We want to help you. If you just want to vent, we must respectfully decline to be your wailing wall. This helps to keep us impartial and allows us to spend more time on sim improvements and projects that benefit everyone.
- We won't enforce your limits. You are perfectly capable of doing this in many ways.
- Feel free to exit any scene you are not comfortable with.
- Inform your partner of your limits, and any breakage there of, in IMs.
- Fade To Black (FTB) if necessary to end a scene with no further discomfort.
- Block players that do not respect you and your limits.
- We won't require all roleplay to occur in Nearby/Local.
- We do prefer roleplay occur publicly. However, we cannot and do not try to enforce this as a rule.
- However, if you as a player prefer not to engage in roleplay in IM's, that is your choice.
- When necessary, you may enforce that choice by asking the player to take the scene public and disengaging from the IM should the player be unwilling to do so.
- Virgin Falls is a Modern Urban Role Play Sim. Your appearance and conduct should be in theme.
- Only modern human avatars of reasonable and realistic abilities are allowed.
- Players cannot fly on sim. Please do not attempt to do so. If you are caught flying on Sim, you can be ejected.
- Secondlife TOS apply here as everywhere. This is an adult rated sim. You, the player, must be 18 and over to be present in Virgin Falls.
- No under age appearing avatars. The age of your character must be 18 and over. The appearance of your avatar must also be over 18.
- If anything about your appearance or AO is deemed to appear underage to a moderator you will be banned without debate.
- Additionally, underage characters may not be NPC'ed in Virgin Falls with or without props (such as prim babies).
- Nudity: You must be dressed until your clothing is removed through emoted roleplay. No aimless nudity is allowed.
- This is a Roleplay sim. All posts in local/nearby must be IC. This includes Residential areas.
- Residences are privately rented. The renter is not required to allow RP in/around their home. If asked to leave or desist in Roleplay by a resident, please do so without complaint.
- The S&M Designs store is our OOC area. That is the only area where OOC in Nearby is currently allowed.
- A player has a right to refuse to engage in OOC conversation, including in IM's. Respect all requests to discontinue OOC chat for any reason.
- We will not under any circumstances moderate the content of an OOC conversation. If you do not like what is occurring in an OOC conversation, you have the option to close the IM tab and/or block the person speaking to you.
- You must use Turn-Based paragraph Role Play and adhere to Post Order.
- If you are a semi-para or short post player, that is okay. However, you should still adhere to turn-based post order.
- To be clear, this means one post per player in a specific order. During your turn, your emote should include everything you need to say/do in one post. You should post just once and then allow all other players to post again before taking your next turn.
- No Griefers.
- Roleplay is always consensual. If a player asks for RP to end, it must. To continue beyond that point is considered griefing.
- Intruding on the roleplay of another player in any way is considered Griefing.
- This would include trying to change the menus of props and furniture while they are in use by another player.
- You may not intentionally disrupt an active roleplay by any means.
- No Metagaming, Powergaming, or Godmodding.
- For the purposes of Moderation, we will not address complaints as to these and other roleplay content issues without an unaltered notecard of the entire scene. We do not moderate based on hearsay or summary.
- No Pose Ball Hoppers.
- This is simple, we are open to roleplayers of all skill levels, including beginners. However, as this is a roleplay sim, roleplay involved while props are being used.